Not only does the one leg warrior balance drill strengthen the back, it also improves your balance for running. Balance assists you in moving more efficiently during a game and developed balance helps prevent injury.
The One leg Warrior Balance in 12 steps:
1. Stand on your right leg.
2. Lift your left knee to hip height.
3. Lean your torso forward as you extend your left leg out straight behind you while you extend your arms over your head.
4. Your torso, your extended arms, and your extended left leg should create one long line parallel with the floor.
5. Pause before bringing your left leg back through while still standing on your right leg returning your knee to hip height.
6. Repeat until you begin to lose balance and form.
7. Stand on your left leg.
8. Lift your right knee to hip height.
9. Lean your torso forward as you extend your right leg out straight behind you while you extend your arms over your head.
10. Your torso, your extended arms, and your extended right leg should create one long line parallel with the floor.
11. Pause before bringing your right leg back through while still standing on your left leg returning your knee to hip height.
12. Repeat until you begin to lose balance and form.
Get to it NOW.
REMEMBER: Before starting any new exercise routines please check with your medical provider and clear your new exercise plan with them before beginning. This is especially true if you haven’t been exercising for some time or are recovering from an injury. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on T.V.
Need help getting started towards your power rugby fitness goals?
The Powerhouse Rugby weekly newsletter seeks to supply you with the top rugby fitness drills, nutritional suggestions, and advice from coaches and players to help make your rugby goals a reality.
When you sign up for the newsletter, we’ll send you our free training guide and workout tracker which includes this exercise drill and more.
Click on the image to the left to sign up today!