The reverse snow angel drill improves shoulder mobility by strengthening external rotators and stabilization musculature of the shoulder. Shoulder strength and mobility is an important trait in power rugby players.
Reverse snow angels in 7 steps:
1. Place your forehead on the thick part of a mat or folded towel.
2. Lie face down with your hands relaxed at your side.
3. Keeping your shoulders seated tightly in their socket and your arms locked out.
4. Raise your hands overhead.
5. Your hands and arms should remain a few inches off of the ground.
6. Move your hands to your sides. Keep your arms locked out and your shoulders remain seated tightly in their sockets.
This drill can also be done with light weights in your hands. If your hands become fatigued and start to touch the ground, simply drop the weights and continue with the drill.
Get to it NOW.
REMEMBER: Before starting any new exercise routines please check with your medical provider and clear your new exercise plan with them before beginning. This is especially true if you haven’t been exercising for some time or are recovering from an injury. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on T.V.
Need help getting started towards your power rugby fitness goals?
The Powerhouse Rugby weekly newsletter seeks to supply you with the top rugby fitness drills, nutritional suggestions, and advice from coaches and players to help make your rugby goals a reality.
When you sign up for the newsletter, we’ll send you our free training guide and workout tracker which includes this exercise drill and more.
Click on the image to the left to sign up today!